Sunday 15 April 2012

Techy Stuff

I wonder if I should have become a Tech Guy instead of a teacher. There certainly seems to be more money in it, and I do love playing   dabbling with working with IT. This week has been a trial though. It's all great when it's working properly, but I hate it when things go wrong. No, I really hate it, can't cope, get stressed out... This week my broadband network decided it needed a spring vacation... Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I think I did pretty well, all things considered. I spent three days trying to fix the problem, during which time I tried everything short of hitting it with a hammer - although between you and me I did come pretty close. I rebooted it, reset it, coaxed it, sang to it (oo er..), tried to bribe it with chocolates and wine, and even put it in the freezer a la "Friends'" Joey Tribiani.. No, the router just refused to talk to the server - a bitter, accrimonious divorce. So I had no choice but to call in the lawyers - in the shape of the Tech Guy. Well, he charged almost as much as a divorce lawyer....

Even he was baffled for a while, but he won through in the end. Now, a new router and £90 lighter in the pocket (around $150) I am back!!!

A good teacher friend asked me to make up a unit for her using Base 10 for place value. It includes a full lesson plan with warm up, main teaching, round up and extension, resources to deliver the lesson, flashcards/posters of the main Base 10 blocks, place value mat, and two games - Top It Trumps and I Have Who Has. I think it worked out pretty well. I hope you like it. It's available on TN and TPT below.


Teachers Notebook




Teachers Pay Teachers

Tomorrow I start thinking about going back to work - and French. Does anyone out there teach French? If so, I'd love to hear your experiences.


2 comments:

  1. Same here Teresa. Thanks for dropping by. I've done the same for you - fab blog!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover