Thursday 9 February 2012

This week

The week started off very quietly, with very little work in the diary. All that changed, however, and I've been rushed off my feet. I have worked in my regular school twice, a local school (just 2 mins walk away..) and I have another regular tomorrow if the snow and ice that they've promised us stays away. Wednesday was a bit different. I was offered work for the morning only, teaching RE to cover PPA time in a school in a very deprived area with challenging children. The reason I know this is that I worked there for a few weeks going back before my permanent contract. OK, they've had a brand new building, opened in September, but I knew that my day wasn't going to be easy. And yes, you've guessed, it was a tough one - at least for the morning. I managed the little angels well, and we all got along really well. Then I was asked if I could stay on for the afternoon, this time in the Complex Needs class. I agreed, but wasn't quite sure what I was letting myself in for. Yes, I have had a huge amount of experience of children with a range of different needs, but a Complex Needs class..? I wasn't sure I was up to it.

As it turned out I had a ball! There were just 6 children in the class, with needs ranging from moderate to severe. It was hard work, and I could understand why the regular staff were feeling frazzled, but I could also appreciate the rewards that working with these children could bring. I had a thoroughly wonderful time.

The rest of the week has been difficult, as we fast approach Half Term. Never have I felt the need for a break so much, even when I was travelling over 100 miles a day in my previous post. I guess the dark, snowy winters don't help. Still, spring is approaching fast.

Over the next few days I will be working hard on some resources to celebrate HM the Queen's Golden Jubilee. This is a huge event for the UK, and I know that every school over here will be celebrating in some way or other. I'll be sure to share my offerings with you as they are completed.

Goodnight for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover