Sunday 18 March 2012

To My Mother...

I want to tell you about my mother. My mam is one in a million, and I couldn't imagine life without her. She has always been there for us, through thick and thin. But 7 years ago I had to face that life without my mam was a real possibility. She suffered a brain haemorrhage. It was touch and go for what seemed like eternity, and we existed on autopilot. We were told that the chances were slim, and that even if the operation was a success, the after effects would probably be devastating. After three weeks of fighting, she miraculously pulled through. Home from hosital for only three days, infection set in and she was taken back to hospital, this time to have infected bone in her skull removed. Again, she pulled through, although she had to wait for a further 8 months to have an acrylic plate inserted. Three major operations within 9 months...

My mam is amazing in so many ways. She has made a full recovery (with one or two tiny differences that are only obvious to us). I count my blessings for my mam every day. Happy Mothers' Day, Mam - Sul Y Mamau Hapus. Have a wonderful day.



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your mother is doing well now. What an amazing story of survival and recovery. Your mother is a strong woman :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover