Monday 13 August 2012

It's Back to School Time!

I don't know where the summer is disappearing to... We are sitting here watching the amazing Olympic Closing Ceremony on TV - what will we do with ourselves now that it's all over...? It's been amazing watching the best athletes in the world compete. I'm not a good spectator - I much prefer to get stuck in and have a go myself. But I have to say that it's been an exciting watch. I was sucked in with the best of them... Most impressive for me were the thousands of ordinary people who left their day jobs for two weeks and volunteered to be Games Makers - the people who made it all happen on the ground. And each and every one of them happy to do it for nothing other than the desire to be a part of it. I hope you've all managed to catch some of the Olympics and that you've enjoyed it as much as we have.


Moving on to less random stuff... There is no feeling quite like when your child starts school for the first time, or moves to a new class. Teachers organise their classes in different ways and have different procedures for homework, class management, behaviour etc. There are lots of questions that parents want answering, and Open House is a great time to meet the new teacher and find out a little about what the new school year will bring for their child, They also want to know how they can help their child and how they can help the teacher. Thinking about my own experiences in the classroom, I always find it useful to have something to hand ready for parents. There's nothing worse than having to repeat your speech umpteen times as one set of parents leaves and another arrives - not good on the voice... So I've put together a little slideshow that you can run on a loop during your Open House. It contains all the information you need to pass on to your parents, from classroom expectations to grading policies, to what you will be teaching across the year. From field trips to special events. From Daily 5 to Math, Science and Writer's Workshop. From morning arrival to afternoon dismissal. This one has a cute bird theme and can be amended to suit your schedule and activities, and put on a loop at Open House so that parents can get all the information they need at a glance. Other themes will follow.


For the next few days only, you can get this slideshow at a discount of 28% through my TPT store or a massive 40% in my TN store. Don't let it get away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover