Tuesday 14 August 2012

New Kids on the Block - First Day Jitters

There are new kids on the block - or should that be new kids in the class... And all of them are probably having nervous jitters. I last had first day jitters when I started my new job a few weeks ago - we've all been there and all know what it feels like.

Last year I used "First Day Jitters" with my new class, and they loved it! For those who are not familiar with the book, I won't spoil the ending, but suffice to say it's a good one. The children predicted lots of things, but no-one worked out this ending...

This book is a real gem, perfect for those first few days with your new class. It shows kiddos that teachers are human too, and sometimes feel the same way as them. Not only that, but it opens up a whole world of activities. If you haven't already, or fancy a change from "The Kissing Hand" of "Chrysanthemum" (both of which are fantastic books), why not give this a try this year? To help you along, I have pulled together my favourite activities in a bumper pack, containing everything you need to settle your kiddos in and chase away any "first day jitters".


The pack includes pre-reading prediction activity, post-reading discussion activity, visualisation, sequencing, story map, letter to Sarah, My Perfect Day at School writing activity,What's in your lunchbox? My First Day Jitters Two Truths and a Lie, word wall, student v teacher venn diagram, compound words and congratulations certificate.

Clicking the image above will take you to my Teachers Notebook store, or click here for my TPT store. As always, I really appreciate your views, so please leave me a note if you have a spare minute.

Here's wishing you a great start to the new school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover