Tuesday 27 March 2012

Something strange...and some new stuff

As soon as I walked into the classroom this morning I had a nagging feeling that it was going to be a long day. And I wasn't wrong...! I was covering a G4 class (Yr 5), but when I got there I found that there was a student in place on her final teaching placement, who was scheduled to do all the teaching. Well, this left me in a bit of a quandary - I felt a bit redundant to start with, but I soon began to feel rather uncomfortable, not because of the student (who was lovely) but because I didn't want to tread on any toes. I left her to her own devices and she coped really well (needs a little more practice with classroom management but that always comes with experience I find). Teaching-wise it was all fairly uneventful, but personally I like to hear the students when they answer the attendance and lunch registers... Anyway, it all turned out ok, but I'm the type of person who needs to be busy all the time, so it was hard for me. I have to admit I was glad when the bell went at 3:15pm and I could turn on the music really loudly in my car, just to wake myself up and remind myself that I was still on this planet...!

Tomorrow I start a block of 7 days. The agent tells me that there is a chance of a long term placement at this school starting after Easter. The down-side? The inspectors are coming in straight after the break! Do I rise to the challenge and put my head on the block, or do I opt for the status quo... I'm giving them a trial run for the next 7 days - no rush for a decision as far as I see it. What would you do?

And now, drum roll please.... The weather here has been unseasonably warm (up to 20 degrees..) but I've been doing what I do best. Following on from the fractions units I posted earlier, I have now completed units on estimation. The images below take you to the links.


A huge bundle of lesson plans, activities and resources to introduce estimation



And my latest is a massive unit (33 pages) on talents, strengths and skills. It includes three lesson plans, posters, worksheets, games and lots of other resources and ideas - a snip at only $4.


Time for bed now - another early start tomorrow and choir in the evening. It's all go....!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover