Sunday 9 September 2012

Apples in the Fall - and a FREEBIE

There's a definite nip in the air.. We are having a bit of an Indian Summer in the UK (it won't last for long...), and it's been warm for the last week. Isn't it just typical that it rained for the whole of the summer break butthe sun has come out just as we all go back to school...!

Anyway, I know that lots of you love teaching an apple theme at this time of year. I LOVE autumn - it's my favourite season. So I had a lot of fun pulling this apple themed literacy unit together. It uses Zoe Hall's "The Apple Pie Tree" as a prompt and is crammed full of great activities that can be taught as part of a thematic unit or used as stand-alone activities in your writing centres. The poetry lesson is especially good - I used it myself going back a few years and although the children groaned when I told them they were going to write their own poem, they absolutely loved going through the hands-on process using their senses. I'd love to see some examples of your children's work if you decide to use it.

I'm hoping to follow this one up with a couple more seasonal units, including Johnny Apple Seed and of course, Hallowe'en. Oh I do love this time of year...!

If you're interested you can get this unit through my TN and TPT shops by clicking the pictures below.




Teachers Notebook



TPT
I would love for my unit to be reviewd - it's important to me that everything is so-so. So for the first two people to leave a comment here on my blog, I will send you a free copy of "Apple Pie Tree"
for review. Good luck!



12 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to review it! Thanks so much!

    ΡΌ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done, Lori. And thank you so much for the fab review.

      Sue

      Delete
  2. If you still need a reviewer, I'll do it!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please, Rachel. The more the merrier! I'll send it through to you separately.

      Sue

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Darn, it always seems that I'm a day late and a dollar short for fun giveaways. If you're looking for any "reviewers" in the future please let me know. :)

    I have a new great blog to add to my blog list! You have a lot of great ideas here!
    Tanya
    Ms. Solano's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya. I've got a few more units in the pipeline for this week if you'd be happy to review them for me..? I'll be sure to let you know when they're ready.

      Sue

      Delete
  4. Love your site!!! Love the unit!!! Thank you for offering your great products~!
    lovinteachin2
    monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the Linky!!! Your packet looks amazing!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you add the Linky Picture from my post to this post and link it back to my post so your followers can find the blog hop and join in too?? Thanks a bunch!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover