Tuesday 20 November 2012

Are you ready for Christmas...?

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...

Being a peripatetic teacher (as opposed to a "pathetic" teacher...), I'm in the envious position of hearing every Christmas carol and every Christmas play in over 12 schools - boy, that's some mean feat! But once you've heard one Away in a Manger you've heard them all - trust me... I've lost count of the number of baby Jesuses I've seen...
Today whilst attempting to teach my little chicks, we had the dubious pleasure of Key Stage 1 (that's K-1) singing, followed by brass band rehearsal, and to cap it all off, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree and Jingle Bell Rock from the rest of the school. Amazing - and it's still only the middle of November!

I have a wonderful array of turkeys and pilgrims that I intended to use for your pleasure, but time has slipped me by. So the turkey has had a reprieve and Thanksgiving will have to wait for this year - don't worry, being British we don't "do" Thanksgiving, so I'm not missing out on one of the biggies...I've dived straight into Christmas!

I found a wonderful little book by Nicholas Allan. "Jesus' Christmas Party" is a hilarious take on the first Christmas told through the point of view of the innkeeper who just wants a good night's sleep. I love it so much that I've turned it into a Nativity Play with a difference for you. This is great if you want to touch on the religious side of things, but don't want to dwell on it too much. The play is written in simple language that is easy to learn (I know time is of the essence now, and many of you will already have this sorted) and very funny (the jokes can be adapted to fit your local references).

.                       


Click the image for Teachers Notebook and the cast list for TPT


I can see so many possibilities in this little book - I've already got a whole unit planned that I hope to have ready for you before the TPT Cyber Monday sale, so you can snap it up at a snip. Pop on over and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I read every single one and try to reply to as many as possible.

Tried Amazon Prime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover